Summer BASE Camp 2017
BASE Camp Scholarships
BASE Camp Scholarship Policies and Pricing:
To be eligible, children must:
- Attend an Oak Park District 97 school, AND
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
Scholarship Award Information
- Parents/guardians will be responsible for paying $10 of each one-week/half-day camp, or $20 of each one-week/full-day camp or its equivalent.
- If needed, Lunch, Early Drop-Off, and Extended Day scholarships are automatically approved with camp scholarship approval at no cost to parents/guardians.
- Scholarships for each child are limited to two weeks of full-day camp or four weeks of half-day camp, or any equivalent. The REACH Sailing Camp will be considered the equivalent of a full-day, 2-week camp scholarship.
- Refunds, less a $10 fee per camper, must be requested within 14 days of the start of a camp session. No refunds will be issued after that date.
- Create a BASE Camp registration account and add each child. On the camp selection page, look for the Scholarship Application section at the top of the page. Click “Add to List” – this automatically starts your scholarship eligibility review.
- Select the 4 half-day camps (or equivalent) you would like for your child(ren), as well as any add-ons needed (boxed lunch, early drop off or extended camp). NOTE: Some camps may appear as full, but still have scholarship spaces available. Select the waitlist option for a camp if it’s your first choice, and we’ll get back to you regarding scholarship slots for that camp.
- Complete the rest of the registration forms for each child.
- Do not pay any amount until you have been notified about the status of your application. At check-out, choose “Scholarship Application” as the payment option (total due will be $0 while scholarship is reviewed).
- Your application will be reviewed within 3 days and you will receive an email regarding the status of your award and instructions on how to pay to reserve the scholarship camp seats.
- If approved, the camp prices will be adjusted to the scholarship levels. The maximum amount due for scholarship families is $40.
- Pay online through the registration system, or via cash or check at the D97 Administration building at 260 Madison Street on weekdays between 8:30-4:30. Ask for the Oak Park Education Foundation at the front desk.
- Payment plans are available. Please contact Amy Struckmeyer, Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
- Payment (or the first payment plan installment) MUST be made within 7 days of the scholarship award email to reserve your child’s scholarship and camp seats. After 7 days, the camp seats will be released and offered to the next child in line for a scholarship.