BASE CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS2019 SCHOLARSHIP INFO
2019 Scholarship Info
To be eligible for a scholarship, children must:
- Attend an Oak Park District 97 school, AND
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
Scholarship Award Information
- Parents/guardians will be responsible for paying $10 of each one-week/half-day camp, or a maximum of $40 for the equivalent of four half-day camps (or two weeks of full-day camp).
- Early Drop-Off and Extended Camp scholarships can be added to extend the camp day from 8 am to 6 pm, with parents/guardians responsible for paying $5 toward each add-on session.
- Free boxed lunches, if requested, are automatically approved with camp scholarship approval at no cost to parents/guardians.
- Scholarships for each child are limited to two weeks of full-day camp or four weeks of half-day camp, or any equivalent.
- The REACH Sailing Camp will be considered the equivalent of a full-day, 2-week camp scholarship. A camp during the mini-week of July 1-3 will be considered the equivalent of a half-day, 1-week camp.
- The maximum scholarship award per child is $850, which includes camp fees, early drop off, and extended camp. The value of free lunch is NOT counted toward the $850 award.
- Refunds, less a $10 fee per camper, must be requested by April 1, 2019. Early Drop-Off and Extended Camp refunds can be requested up to 14 days before the start of each camp session. No refunds will be issued after those dates.
- Create a BASE Camp registration account and add each child. On the camp selection page, look for the Scholarship Application section at the top of the page. Click “Add to List” – this automatically starts your scholarship eligibility review.
- Select the 4 half-day camps (or equivalent) you would like for your child/children, as well as any add-ons needed (boxed lunch, early drop off or extended camp). NOTE: Some camps may appear as full, but still have scholarship spaces available. Select the waitlist option for a camp if it’s your first choice, and we’ll get back to you regarding scholarship slots for that camp.
- Complete the rest of the registration forms for each child.
- Do not pay any amount until you have been notified about the status of your application. At check-out, choose “Scholarship Application” as the payment option (total due will be $0 while scholarship is reviewed).
- Your application will be reviewed within 5 days and you will receive an email regarding the status of your award and instructions on how to pay to reserve the scholarship camp seats.
- Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If approved, the camp prices will be adjusted to the scholarship levels. The maximum amount due for scholarship families per child is $40 towards camp, plus $20 towards add-on extended day options, if needed.
- Pay online through the registration system, or via cash or check at the D97 Administration building at 260 Madison Street on weekdays between 8:30-4:30. Ask for the Oak Park Education Foundation at the front desk.
- Payment plans are available. To arrange please contact Amy Struckmeyer, BASE Camp Co-Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment (or the first payment plan installment) MUST be made within one week of the scholarship award email to reserve your child’s scholarship and camp seats. After 7 days, the camp seats will be released and offered to the next child in line for a scholarship.