“Inspiring. Imaginative. Innovative.”
That’s how the D97 School board described the OPEF VEX Robotics Team when they were nominated for the Those Who Excel Team Award.
Our Head Coaches, Program Coordinator, Technical Advisor and OPEF Executive Director accepted this award at the ISBE Those Who Excel banquet in Normal, Illinois on October 19, 2014. We were thrilled and honored that our leadership team team was selected for this honor!
Each year the Illinois State Board of Education grants the Those Who Excel Award to those who have made outstanding contributions to public and nonpublic education. Winners must have:
- Made contributions to a class, school or district that were above and beyond the usual expectations and that resulted in improved student learning or greater opportunities for students
- Demonstrated excellence in the fulfillment of duties
- Demonstrated a concern for children
- Had a positive effect on the school environment
- Showed leadership or inspired others to achieve
- Went above and beyond what would be expected in the fulfillment of duties
Thanks so much to the District 97 School Board, Dr. Roberts, District 97 Administrators and Staff, and of course all our wonderful VEX Robotics students, families and volunteers for making this award possible.