BROOKS VEX ROBOTICSIN-HOUSE AND COMPETITIVE LEAGUE
Brooks Competitive League
• Congrats to 2019-20 teams. If you haven’t completed your application for the Brooks Competitive Club, click here.
• After team selections are announced, pay your competitive league fees. For a one-time payment of $295, click here. For three monthly payments of $100, click here.
• Check out the game video and game manual here.
The Robotics League is an intensive program for the dedicated technology student, especially those who want to take their experience with VEX Robotics and programming to the next level. Students work on teams to design build and program robots to play this year’s VEX Robotics Challenge game, Tower Takeover. Students then compete in competitions against other area schools. This year we will again be participating in the Chicagoland Robotics League. The culmination of the season will be the Battle of the Bots League Championship on March 7, 2020. The Brooks Competitive League will meet October to March, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 pm, and occasional Saturdays for practices and tournaments.
High School and Adult Mentors
All high school students interested in mentoring for the Brooks Robotics program need to contact Brian Shinners; teen and adult mentors must complete the following: Brooks Mentor Registration Form.
Brooks In-House Club
Apply for the Brooks In-House League here. Deadline for Fall Session is Sept. 18.
This program is designed for students with little or no experience with robotics and for students who cannot commit to the long season of our Competitive League. Students are taught the basics of robot design and programming. They work in teams to build and program a VEX robot to play in our In-House Club competition, the Robot Rumble. Students meet in Room D202 one day a week from 3:30-5 pm and have 2 sessions to choose from:
- Fall In-House Club: Mondays, Sept. 23 through Dec. 16
- Spring In-House Club: Wednesdays, Jan. 8 through April 8
For more information, contact Coaches Tasia Pena-Rodriguez or Brian Shinners.