JULIAN VEX ROBOTICSIN-HOUSE AND COMPETITIVE LEAGUE
Julian Competitive League
• Congratulations 2019-20 teams! If you haven’t completed your application, please apply here for Julian Competitive League.
• After team selections are announced, pay your competitive league fees. For a one-time payment of $295, click here. For three monthly payments of $100, click here.
• Check out the game video and game manual here.
The Robotics League is an intensive program for the dedicated technology student, especially those who want to take their experience with VEX Robotics and programming to the next level. Students work on teams to design build and program robots to play this year’s VEX Robotics Challenge game, Tower Takeover. Students then compete in competitions against other area schools. This year we will again be participating in the Chicagoland Robotics League. The culmination of the season will be the Battle of the Bots League Championship on March 7, 2020. The Julian Competitive League meets October-March, on Wednesdays and Fridays after school and some Saturday mornings, preceded by three weeks of preseason sessions.
High School and Adult Mentors
All high school students interested in mentoring for the Julian Robotics program need to contact Mr. Walsh in room D202 or by email; all adults and students must complete the following: Mentor Registration Form
Julian In-House Club
• Fill out application here. Applications are due Oct. 17 and students will be notified of their placement.
• For more information, contact Michele Velarde McAndrews or Gretchen Junker.
This program is designed for students with little or no experience with robotics and for students who cannot commit to the long season of our Competitive League. Students are taught the basics of robot design and programming. They work in teams to build and program a VEX robot to play in our In-House League competition, the Robot Rumble. Students meet one day a week from 3:30-5 pm and have 2 sessions to choose from:
- Fall In-House Club: Tuesday, from Oct. 22, 2019 – Jan. 21, 2020
- Spring In-House Club: Tuesday, from Feb. 11- May 12, 2020
There will be an interest meeting for the in-house club in Ms. Valerie Brown’s room (B202) at a date and time TDB. After filling out an application, students will be placed in either the Fall or Winter session.